Enjoying Who God Created You to Be
by Joyce Meyer
Start believing today that you are a rare, one-of-a-kind, valuable and precious woman. To help you learn how to be successful at being yourself, I want to give you some easy-to-follow suggestions:
Speak good things about yourself. Declare what God’s Word says about you. For example, say to yourself, “I am the righteousness of God in Christ. I am made acceptable in the Beloved. God formed me with His own hand, He loves me, and God doesn’t make mistakes.”
Avoid comparing yourself with other women. God must love variety, or all of us wouldn’t look so different. He has created each of us differently right down to our fingertips. We can look to certain people as good examples to follow, but even then, good traits if duplicated will manifest differently through our individual personalities.
Focus on your potential instead of your limitations. Refuse to concentrate on your weaknesses except in an effort to turn them into strengths. Keep your flaws in perspective. People with a high level of confidence have just as many weaknesses as those without confidence, but they focus on their strengths instead of their weaknesses.
Learn to cope with criticism. If you dare to be different, you’ll have to expect some criticism. Going along with the crowd when you know in your heart that God is leading you in a different direction is one of the reasons women don’t succeed at being themselves. You won’t be comfortable in your own skin if you go against your own convictions.
You are a woman who is perfected and complete in Him. When you start to believe that, you will no longer feel that you are lacking anything or that there is anything wrong with you.
Remember this: God will never anoint you to be anyone other than yourself. Let now be your time to go forward and be set free from the torments of comparing yourself with others and trying to be someone you’re not. God is proud of who He made you to be!
“Today, I waited at the bus stop. Despite the sun shining high in the sky, I wore my sweater like a coat of armor. Silently, I stood there and watched people pass on by, going about their daily lives. I could feel their eyes lingering on me, but I couldn’t find the nerve to meet their gazes. I wanted to hide. I wanted to shrink myself—tear apart my body until there was nothing left but tiny bits and pieces of me, floating through the wind. That way, I would no longer be a burden; I would no longer take up too much space in people’s lives.”
—(154/365) by (DS)
“Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.”
—Bob Marley (via pagibigdatcom)
collections that are raw as fuck ➝ saiid kobeisy s/s 2014
“You more than anyone else deserve to be loved and happy. Do not remain in any relationship that robs you of those two things.”
—Nancy Arroyo Ruffin, Letters to My Daughter: A Collection of Short Stories and Poems about Love, Pride, and Identity (via quotes-shape-us)
a dire tale of someone who tries to keep silent
because strangers continue to shove
insolent thoughts down her throat;
a tragic story of someone who bleeds words
for a lost, but never forgotten, love;
a wretched memoir of someone who searches for
love and beauty about and within herself,
only to be shackled by society’s ideals.
There’s rarely a day when your heart doesn’t ache
for him, for yourself, and for unaccomplished wishes.
You gave your all, but it seemed it wasn’t enough still.
But it was never about giving your all.
It was not about it being not enough.
It was not about sharing pieces of you
that you used to keep hidden in your closet.
It was about trying.
It was about taking a chance.
You are always enough, my dear.
You have universes inside you,
and maybe you burn those you touch from time to time
and maybe you wreck things every now and then,
and maybe you leave stains everywhere,
and maybe you bring some darkness to places you go.
So maybe you’re a walking disaster,
but I’m telling you this as a friend,
you are one of the greatest kind I have ever encountered.
Your words leave burn marks on my heart
because of how deeply I can connect with them.
Your wreckage has a habit of finding home
in sequestered corners of me,
piecing together with my own wreckage.
Wherever your lost love may be,
he will find ink stains of your love
and may he realize that your darkness
was a shining beacon in his eclipse.
So maybe tragedy is synonymous with
destruction, unhappiness, and catastrophe.
But my dearest,
I think you need to know that sometimes,
beautiful surprises can bloom from tragic seeds.”
- Her: Will love ever be enough to make a relationship work?
- Him: Honestly, no. There's gotta be more trust than love because you don't always trust the people you love but you love the people you trust.
- Her: But what if that trust had been broken but you still managed to give a lot of chances because you can't just let the person walk away? Does that mean that you're beginning to love that person less?
- Him: Once the trust gets broken, it cannot be the same again. Just like broken glass. You can glue all the pieces together but there would still be cracks. Or take a piece of crumpled paper for example.You can straighten it out but it can never be good as new again. However, it doesn't mean that you're beginning to love him less. For me, it even means that you're beginning to love him more than you have before because it is no joke to give second, third, infinite chances especially when you have been gravely hurt. Either that or you're beginning to act like a fool. Because second chances could also mean getting hurt for the same reason. And who takes risks like that when you know beforehand the consequences and probable result? Stupid people do that. Now, which one are you?
- One of The worst feeling in the world to love & hate someone all at the same time. And it's hard to watch things change when all you want is for them to stay the same. It's funny but stupid how you want everything & nothing at the same time. It's crazy when you want to let go, but you keep holding on, & when you want to move on but you're stuck right where you started. When feelings come and go & you can't decide what you want. When you have so many things to say but you don't know where to start. When you want them in your life so bad, but all you can do is push them farther & farther away. It's so hard to think back to how things used to be & look at it now and realize that things are different & they may never be the same. You tell yourself it's not worth it, but if it really didn't matter, you wouldn't spend so much time thinking about it.
- Him: why are you so afraid to try again?
- Her: because the last time I committed myself to someone, I got myself broken. And you don't know how broken I was. I felt like I was broken into very minute pieces way beyond repair. Everyday felt like a battle I had no intention of winning. I just wanted to succumb to sadness and pain. It was difficult to see all the good things that's happening around me because I can't appreciate them. Pessimism got the best of me and I lost confidence in myself. My own assessment of my self-worth dwindled to zero. My hatred for him consumed me. Trust became scarce. I wanted revenge. I wanted to hurt him so badly and ruin him more than what he did to me. Whenever I was on the verge of doing just that, my stupid heart comes knocking to my brain's door, telling me that I can't do it because I love him too much to break him too or to even wish him harm. And I listened to my heart. For some time, I let everyone down. I became a bad friend, a useless daughter, a terrible sibling. I became everything I have not pictured myself to be. I lost control of myself. All because of a broken heart. And now that I have finally regained it, I am not going to risk losing it again.
- Him: but not every guy out there is going to tear you apart.
- Her: but those guys I had committed myself to back then are just like that. I am not basing this terrible phobia of getting hurt because of love on the whole male population. It's based on the guys who have had the chance to fix me but still chose to rip me apart.